Academic and Professional background
- PhD in Business Administration (Doctor Europaeus). Complutense University. Madrid. 2014
- Vision Management Program. IE Business School. Madrid. 2018
- Researcher in Management and Strategy. Harvard University. Baker and Widener Libraries. 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- International Academic Program. Harvard University-RCC-Autonoma University. Boston. 2014
- Programs on Management Research. Harvard University-RCC. Boston. Editions 2012 and 2011
- Program on “Intelligent Organizations: Collaboration and the Future of Work”. MIT Sloan Business School. Boston. 2011
- Program on “Strategic Intuition. The key to Creative Innovation”. Columbia Business School. New York. 2011
- Graduate Course on Strategic Management. Harvard University. Boston. 2009
- Graduate Course on Marketing Management. Harvard University. Boston. 2009
- Graduate Course on Entrepreneurship and New Ventures. Harvard University. Boston. 2009
- Executive Development Program (PDD). IESE Business School. Madrid. 1998
- Accelerated Development Program (ADP). London Business School. London. 1997
- Diploma with Distinction in Business Administration. London College of International Business Studies. London. 1996
- Master in Marketing Management (MDCM). IE Business School. Madrid. 1993
- Master in Business Administration (MBA). IE Business School. Madrid. 1986
- Diploma in International Strategy. London Business School. London. 1986
- Bachelor Degree in Law. University Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE). Madrid. 1984
- Diploma in Law Advise. University Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE). Madrid. 1984
- Top Management Professor and Advisor. Strategic Thinker-Analyst. Based on over 25 years of management experience, thorough strategic research and teaching, nationally and internationally, he significantly helps top managers to tackle the complex challenges of today and tomorrow. He guides leaders to make sense of what is happening and assists them to anticipate what the future has in store to create sustainable, sound, profitable and creative organizations. Present
- Top Management Strategic Advisor. 2006-Present
- President and Founder of the Instituto para el Liderazgo Estratégico de España. (www.ilee.es)
- Academic Director. Senior Management Program. IE Business School. 2018-2019.
- Academic Director. Advanced Management Program-INDITEX. IE Business School. 2017-2018.
- Professor of Strategic Management. IE Business School. Present.
- Professor of Entrepreneurship. IE Business School. Present.
- Visiting Professor. International Business and Strategy. Northeastern University. Boston. USA. 2014
- Presidential Visiting Professor. Social Entrepreneurship. Wheelock College. Boston. USA. 2014
- Visiting Professor. Leadership and Policy. Wheelock College. Boston. USA. 2013
- Visiting Research Scholar. Centre for Entrepreneurship Research. Edinburgh Business School. UK. 2010
- Managing Partner. Copley-Advisors (Angel Investing and Strategic Assessment). 2006-Present
- He has managed and tutored internationally over 150 Business Plans
- Serial entrepreneur, founder and CEO of several companies in the fields of quality control, interior design, energy efficiency and residential construction. He has created recruited and operated teams for over 20 years.
- Product Manager. Elosua Group. Spain. 1987
- Deputy to the Commercial Manager. Barclay´s Bank. Madrid. 1985
Honors and Awards
Winner of a Best Paper Award at the European Academy of Management Congress in 2014, he has received over 30 official acknowledgements for his teaching excellence in Executive Education at IE. In 2015, 2017 and 2018 he was appointed best professor in strategy at the Executive MBA and in 2017 at the Global Management Program, both programs ranked as the best in the world by The Economist and Financial Times. In 2017, as professor of entrepreneurship, he was acknowledged as best professor at the Master in Corporate Communication.